Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Last Three Weeks

Hey guys!  Symone here.  Sorry I have been kind of... bad at this whole blog thing. I promise I will get better!  For now, here are the last three weeks from Malcolm!!

January 28, 2013

Estamos. What more can be said this week.  Folks.  I am at a loss for words, it seems finally.  I literally will just ramble on.  I will say this, thank you all for your thoughts on my behalf.  My comp is sweet, and I found out a cool secret this week.  Man, we just had a really great week, but really tiring.  Like as in biking 8 to 10 a day really wears someone out.  Erik Boud, I am so happy for you!  Sorry I won't be there for the wedding, but congrats!  Man, it's like we are doing so many great things,  I can't even explain it.  And worse, I am not writing it in my journal either for my family hahahaha.  They will hopefully still love me.  It's just something you need to do.  You need to try.  You will understand.
Elder Stout
Remember who you are

February 4, 2013

Hello everyone.  I will write this letter, and I hope you all read it.  I am really really sick right now.  I hope to be getting better soon.  I better not get any phone calls mom to the mission!  But no, it's been a long struggle.  I let my pride get the best of me (what's new?) and decided to work for 3 straight days, when it turns out those were the days I was supposed to be in bed.  Go figure. 
Anywho, we have had some sweet success.  3 guys were baptized this Sunday and all received the Aaronic Priesthood!  It was a great Sunday.  Our stake president said, "Today is a perfect Sunday."  Hahaha.  That was so awesome to hear.  The Lord's work is going super strong.  We just have to keep pressing along, you know?  Nothing can stop it.  So what's new out here?  Man last night I was just so flipping hot.  Like, I felt I was in an oven, like that scene from Taladega Nights when he thinks he is on fire.  I literally had that happen.  I was thinking I was on fire hahahaha it was horrible.  But we also had a good meeting.  I was invited to go to a council that president has once a month.  It was a way cool invite, and man those zone leaders eat good, I'll tell you what.  I hear Les Mis is a really great movie.  10 more months hahaha :)  No, I don't wanna stop.  I do want to stop being sick, but I do not want to stop being a missionary.  Shout outs this week go to Becca, congrats on your mission call!  Your going to do great things!  Also to the AFC North division for the great Superbowl win.  Weird thinking that a year ago I came home........................ 
Well, with all these marriges and people going on missions, all I can say is really, congrats.  I am glad to be counted as one of your friends and to be able to hear this great news that's passing in your lives.  God bless you all. 
Remember who you are, 
Elder Stout

February 11, 2013

Oh man, this week is one to remember, folks.  That is all I want to say.  Let's start with Monday.  Had a pretty swell p-day, nothing fancy.  Oh yeah, wait, I was in bed rest.  But while there, I had this way great conversation about the Atonement with Sister Visker, the mission doctor.  She really helped me open my eyes and to see the little things I truly need to change in my life.  I promise this, as we strive daily to change, we can bring a new found light in our lives.  I was so happy to have realized that and I am happy to strive to place these things in practice.  Then Tuesday and Wednesday, we worked normal, but man, I had such a fever.  I literally felt like I was burning up all over the place.  It has died down, but not all the way.  But we have had some pretty impactful lessons with the youth here and trying to get them on missions.  But man, the coolest thing happened this weekend.  We had a special mission conference, with Elder Anderson of the Quorom of the 12 and President Rasband of the 70 and Elder Zivic and Elder Martinez.  It was a way powerful experience.  I was asked to sing a special musical number with seven other Elders.  It was like, man hahaha.  I would have never envisioned this happening in my life.  Elder Anderson touched a topic of great interest about the Atonement, but more in depth.  He shared a great scripture I wish you all can read, and really focus on the last words. 
Alma 29:5 Yea, and know that good and evil have come before all men; he that knoweth not good from evil is blamelessbut he that knoweth good and evil, to him it is given according to his desires, whether he desire the good or evil, life or death, joy or remorse of conscience.
It really struck a cord with me, for it is true.  Once you know good from evil, you will have this always on your mind.  He then shared with us some stories of missionaries who went home and why, and asked us who have experienced this to stand and share their testimonies.  I felt impressed to stand, but I couldn't do it.  I looked at the face of all the other Elders who passed through it also, and I just was so happy, yet remembering the burden it provides.  I am happy for Elder Anderson's talk, but more importantly, happy for the atonement of Jesus Christ, which has allowed me to be made whole, and continue to be made whole.  I love you all.
So Sunday, everything was going great, and then BAM.  I got hit by a car while riding my bike.  just floored me.  Hahaha my ankle is killing me, but I am going to the docs today.
Anyways to everyone, thank you for always supporting me, as I have tried to always support you.  I really do miss and think of you often, but just know, as God lives, I will always try my best to be an example. For that is what we need now.
Remember who you are,
Elder Stout

No comments:

Post a Comment