Monday, January 21, 2013

The last three weeks from the eyes of Elder Stout


Jan. 7, 2013
Well, mom needs lots of details and I don't have a lot of time!  Go figure. :)  I will share a little of it.  I am so thankful, first, for the package.  I got to say, I ask maybe next time we can send different dried fruits (not a big berry or apricot fan!) but thank you so much.  So, what's happened this week?  I have a stud comp in Elder Nelson.  Really, he is great.  Just a hard worker and has taught me so much about my potential even this late in the mission.  But we have had such a strong spirit in all our lessons and, on top of that, we are just growing so much.  Best food was ate this week.  Thanks to Three King's Day, we had tons of pork and fruits and goodness, I wanted to throw up, and then just eat more!  We finished off with singing and I am grateful for that time.  I really learned a lot about the importance music has on people and also on our souls.  Makes me want to keep singing after the mission but I am not sure. :)  So we have tons of missionaries coming to the mission, and I am so nervous that Becca or Allyssa are coming to the mission.  I go to the incoming board like every time I am in the office, just to look, and so far, nothing.  But it's great to see the Lord's work growing.  It's go time, baby!!!!!  Kalen Rounds, God bless you.  I don't have time to respond much, but God bless you.
So, our area is massive, and it's all bike.  Yeah, I need to lose weight, I guess hahaha.  But it's a beautiful area and there are beautiful people here.  I am just grateful to be back here in the mission. 
Well, good luck all this week, and I will hopefully be getting letters from you soon:)
Elder Stout

Jan. 14, 2013
THANK YOU RICKS FAMILY FOR THE GREATEST SHIRT THAT ANY MISSIONARY HAS RECEIVED.  EVERYONE WANTS IT, BUT............... THEY CAN'T!!!!!!!!   THANK YOU:),  I'll send a pic soon.  You all are awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Jan. 21, 2013
So, this week was fun.  Really, I am beyond tired.  Beyond tired.  I am so happy though!  We had a baptism, and on top of that, the work just continues to grow.  I feel really fakey not writing much, but I just am so darn tired!  Hahaha but so many great experiences.  Yeah and I just am so so sore.  Hahahahahaha but the Lord's work will go on.  Other cool experiences.  I passed a kidney stone.  The baptism was amazing!!!!!   The first two people to show up were people listening to the lessons.  They both showed up 30 minutes early and we had a great lesson on the importance of baptism and why it is necessary.  The spirit of God testified to them through the holy scriptures.  But the key was the baptism.  There was a spirit I felt much like at Mary's.  A strong calming presence.  When Alberto left the water, he did not want to get out.  I was so happy for him to understand why this is so important.  It's not cause of me, or my comp.  He received his answer through the Holy Ghost, and again it testified to him on the day of his baptism.  It's such a beautiful gift, I can not believe how many times I take this guide for granted.  But he is great, and the Lord's work is continuing without abatement.   A great quote, "Is what your living for, worth Christ dying for?"
Remember who you are

No comments:

Post a Comment