Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The last two weeks from Elder Stout

December 24, 2012: Christmas Eve

Hello family!!!!!!

Man, I am so sorry, I have been packed this past month.  Literally, no time to write, sleep, eat.  Those who have wrote me letters, I love them!  They mean so much, I just lost time!  But anywho, here's what has been going on.  I have had the sweet time to tour the islands and sing with a choir.  What a humbling experience.  Literally, we open our mouths and the Spirit just goes and enters everyone.  It's so hard to explain, but it comes from all the preparation from before we sang.  And the sunsets were beautiful!  Also, I figured out where I am going on my honeymoon:) hahahahaha
Okay, but this next week is transfers!  It stinks, I have a feeling I am leaving TA, but it's okay, I will see where the Lord needs me!  I have just been running around with Elder Udall and the other elders!  Man, I bought a great hat that is a Vi hat.  You all will see it when I get home!  I can't wait to talk to you, family, on Tuesday!  I will call you before, though, so you can know.  MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL, a blessed New Year.  I love and think of you all as often as I can!:)
Remember who you are!
Elder Stout


December 31, 2012: New Year's Eve

This week, nothing is really new.  I did get transferred.  I am with Elder Nelson, from Logan, Utah.  He really is a great guy.  We are very similar, it's kinda creepy.  Anywho, we are preparing ourselves to receive Elder Anderson of the 12 Apostles in February.  It's going to be a great cleaning process and the spirit will be felt, I just need a lot of prep!!!!!!  I have really been focusing on what more I can do as a holder of the priesthood.  I have studied and prayed and really asked the question, "What thinks Christ of me?"  I know that in the end, other opinions don't matter.  I just need to try to focus on what the Lord provides, and what more I can do to be like Him.  I can't believe it has been 3 months!  I do not want this to end anytime soon, but I also know there is so much more I need to change.  We had the great experience to sing at different wards for Christmas.  I was singing at Trujillo Alto, and it was my turn to sing the solo.  I just looked into their faces and remembered all the great experiences we had, and I cried.  I stood there in front of the ward and cried for the whole song.  I felt the spirit so strongly, it was phenomenal. 
I am very happy for you all.  Happy New Years!!!!!!!!
Elder Stout

No comments:

Post a Comment