Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Stories and a Challenge.


So, we have a wonderful family in our ward.  They are less active only because of health problems with the man's wife.  Before we started the lesson, I felt prompted to ask the man a question.  I asked him "Usted recurden un hombre y un mujer, Diego y Elba Peña?"  And Hermano Colon got a huge smile on his face.  Yes, Hermano and Hermana Colon, the family that baptized Grandpa, mom!  How wonderful of an experiance that was for me to be in the house where you played as a child and to talk to the people who helped me be born into this gospel.

This last week was pretty slow.  We haven't been able to find as many families, but the ones we are teaching are making great progress.  People here are calling me Flaco (I think that is how you spell it).  Not good man, not good.  Oh, and turns out I might need glasses.  This sun is killing my eyes, man.  It's getting harder and harder everyday.  But I am improving on my Spanish, people say.  Haha it is only through God that this is possible.  Only through Him that I am able to continue in this work, learn more in this language to one day be able to speak it without pausing.

The Gospel is true, my friends.  If you are a member and are active, figure out if the Gospel is true.  If you are less active, figure out if the Gospel is true.  If your an investigator, figure out if the Gospel is true.  If you're one of my friends reading this blog, figure out if the Gospel is true, and see the real reason why I am giving 2 years of my life to serve God.  The only way to find out is to read the Book Of Mormon and take the challenge in Moroni 10:3-7.  That is my challenge to all of you who read this.  And if you truly want an answer, I promise with my heart and soul that you will obtain your answer, and find that eternal happiness. This is my prayer and testimony, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elder Stout
Remember who you are

Note from Mom: The Colons introduced her family to the Church, but the elders were the ones who baptized them. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment