Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving

Well, talk about an interesting week.  We have been so blessed to have found two new families in our area, yes the area which makes me cry everyday due to the bike ride. 

First lady was so nervous.  I mean, I would be, too, seeing a huge guy and a small Dominican walking towards your house at 8 at night drenched in sweat........ yet the moment we said the Church's name, she got a huge smile and told us about a commercial she saw as a child about our chruch and how she always wanted to learn more.  Yeah, that's straight up Holy Ghost right there.  Same situation with this new family, Danny y Nany.  As soon as the first prayer closed, he was crying.  I know the Holy Ghost is true and the only converter in this mighty work.  But, since tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and we have no dinner citas which is probaly best for my health, I would like to take time to write what I am happy for. 


1) I am happy for the Atonement of my Savior, Jesus Christ.  For all those who know me now and before, I was not the best example.  Yet, I am so blessed that I can be given forgiveness for what has happened.  Though I still do not understand fully this magnitude, I cherish it forever with all my heart

2) I am so very thankful for my family and all their support for me throughout my life.  I have never done anything to please them (ask my mom how high school grades were), yet they always showed forth love, always.

3) I am so blessed for all of my friends that I have.  Be it from a baby to on the mission, every person I have ever talked to has changed my life for the better, and every encounter I have with anyone always makes me grow.  For all who read this, you are a true friend of mine.  I love you, cherish who you are individually, and as a friend.  Thank you.

4) So thankful for a good smile.  Though it sounds selfish, I am so happy that at least my teeth are perfect.  Don't care about my body or my brain, just as long as my smile still glows. :)

5) I am so grateful for ....... Jeez man, so much.  I don't have much time.  But I am so very thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ.  I know who I once was, and I still don't know what I can become.  But I want all to know that I know that there is a Father in Heaven, a God, and that His son and our older brother, Jesus Christ, came and was sacrificed for all of us here in the universe.  May you always remember what you are thankful for, especially this Thanksgiving. 

Love, 

Elder Stout
-- 
Remember who you are 

No comments:

Post a Comment