Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Blog!!! From the Dominican Republic

Email to Mom:


I have been a missionary for exactly one month!!!  Hahahaha I know, I know, but it has gone by so fast, it's amazing.  I have a new companion in the Dominican Republic, his name is Elder Pola.  He is Samoan and he is pretty huge... big boy.  Pero I love him to death, he is so funny.  This weather is so beautiful.  We got off the plane and the bumper on all the cars had a shield on them!  Ahhh so scary.  But there are only 21 people here total.  10 americans and 11 haitians.  I met one Elder Lindor.  He is like my brother.  He tells me he wants to be as strong as me by the time he leaves the MTC, but he is so small. :)  I love this place, the MTC is on temple grounds, and to top it off, i met President Burk, your old branch president.  He was like, "I can't believe Julie had a son this big."  Okay, I am heading to the temple right now.  I will write you more later.  Love you a lot.


Elder Stout




Email to Symone:


Thanks for bringing me that tie last Thursday.  The Dominican Republic is so beautiful, I just can't wait to see what Puerto Rico looks like.  I can officially say I am the most fluent Spanish speaker out of all the missionaries here!  That means I got a lot of work to do haha.  But it's awesome, I placed my first Book of Mormon yesterday.  Easter is coming up and I guess its huge over here in the islands.  God bless.


Elder Stout

No comments:

Post a Comment