Monday, November 5, 2012

OOO, WHAT'S UP!!!


Oh man, you wanna talk about a spiritual week?  Talk about this one hahahahaha.  This week was very quick, not too happy about that, but hey hey hey...  I am on the back end now. :(  This I am not happy to announce.  I know for a good reason this has to happen, but I really do not want to leave the mission, ever.  Like, if I could serve the mission with my wife, kids, and good sustainable money, I could do it the rest of my life.  Anywho, shout out quickly to everyone that is deciding to go on a mission.  Go now.  That is not a lie, but truly a plea from the bottom of my heart.  If you have a desire or even a thought to serve, go talk to your bishop, get your life in order, get the papers going, and get out here as soon as you can.  We can not delay.  As Elder Jeffery R. Holland stated in conference of April 2012, "Do not delay, it's getting late."  I simply am inviting you all, who are reading this letter, if you have ever had desires or thoughts of the mission, I invite you to pursue it. 

Okay, this week.  Man, I feel like I was just writing an email like 2 days ago.  We had a stellar week.  Wednesday on Halloween, we had the chance to work until 6.  My companion, Elder Raymundo, is from Guatemala.  He has never been trick or treating.  So, on the last house before our meeting that night, we walked up to a house.  I said, "Look, just say trick or treat and you get candy."  He said, "No, you lie."  Man, I walked right up to that house and got like 3 candy bars.  His eyes lit up like a kid on Christmas.  We then had a meeting for 3 hours!  I had to give the opening prayer, and I felt an impression to ask for forgiveness for our murmuring.  It was much needed.  It was all in all a great meeting.  Then next day, we had an opportunity to have President Gibson, 1st counselor from the Young Men's Presidency, come and speak to our mission.  I got a call at 4:30 in the morning. " Elder Stout."  "Yes?" I reply.  "You need to be in the office in an hour, you're singing a special musical number.  "Okay."  Hahahaha talk about an early morning.  And my suit... Let's just say it's looking a lot better after a good talking to.  President Gibson talk was really focused on the Priesthood, especially the Aaronic Priesthood and our duties.  Man, he tore it apart.  It was amazing.  He shared with us something I want to share with you all.  He said that the old presiding bishop,Bishop H. David Burton, when set apart was told his keys were to be dormant  Yet as we have a new bishop, he was set apart and was told that his keys are not dormant!   It's time.   Friday, we had zone council and we learned the importance of the new missionaries coming in.  I am so excited but nervous!  We should be getting about 80 new missionaries by next February!  How crazy is that, huh?  It's going to be awesome.  Our area this week was fairly long.  We had a family named the family Santiago.  This whole time for 2 months we have been focusing on her husband, but now the wife is interested.  She told us this week she was going to bed, but felt she needed to pray.  She prayed about the Book of Mormon and felt the Spirit tell her it was true!  That was so awesome to hear!  She was getting ready for church when, like 30 minutes before church, her boss told her she had to be at work or she would get fired.  She went to work, but promised she would come next time.  That is so awesome. 


I hope your weeks were as great!  Shout out to Laura Rutherford, I got a friend here that said he would like to write you, be a friend.  Said he's going to Boise State after the mission............. just a thought, Laura! :) Hahahaha


Remember who you are!
-- Elder Stout

No comments:

Post a Comment